Internal audit service
Are you having problems with Internal Audit?
As you will be aware, internal auditing is a mandatory requirement of ISO 14001. Whilst it is common practice to use an internal staff team to undertake ISO 14001 audits, the pressures of delivering a full internal audit programme with staff who have day to day operational roles can lead to delays in your audit programme and competency issues with report findings and standards. This is where The Internal Audit Service can help.
Our mission is to transform the quality, effectiveness and value of internal audits in UK business
By contracting out all or part of your internal audits to The Internal Audit Service you can support and enhance your existing management system programme by utilising independent external consultants who will:
- Support your existing audit staff with IEMA registered auditors
- Provide free ongoing training and support for your staff to enable them to support the audit with regular spot checks
- Deliver up to date operational awareness of legislative developments and current environmental trends
- Provide timely, efficient and effective support to help prevent your audit programmes falling behind schedule
- Ensure consistency in reporting to remove variability which can lead to non-conformances from the certification body
- Reduce costs arising from staff changes by reducing the need to train new joiners and existing auditor refresher training
Additional support services
In addition to our internal audit facility, The Internal Audit Service can assist your environmental management system operation further by providing value added elements which will promote the smooth running and efficiency of your management system, including:
- Tailored and targeted advice on changes in legislation relevant to your business
- Expert advice on required updates and changes to your management system
- On-call professional advice and support service for any environmental problems or queries you may have
- Assistance with KPI reporting and assessment
- Recommendations for resolving non-conformances
- Connect you to a network of environmental, safety & quality service providers
Our support for your business
Our aim is to support your business in operating the best and most efficient environmental management system you can, at the lowest cost. We offer a regular payment regime which means your costs are always under control. By the very nature of our support contract, we are positioning our service to support you and your business over the long term, and not just through to the next surveillance visit.
To learn more about how the Internal Audit Service works, click here