Bidwell Management Systems is based in Newcastle upon Tyne and was established by Marek Bidwell with the aim of providing
interactive and high quality training and associated consultancy support in environmental, energy, CSR, quality, & H&S management.
Working at Northern Electric (NEDL) in the 1990’s, Marek established the Environmental Management System to the requirements of ISO 14001. This involved detailed environmental risk assessments on potential pollution liabilities from substations and fluid-filled cables, developing non-financial data reporting systems, engaging with over 2,000 staff, auditing the systems, and working with the certification body.
Since then, Marek has worked as a consultant in a wide range of industry sectors including manufacturing, transport, local government, chemicals, construction, architecture, and finance. Notable achievement include:
* Working with a national housebuilder to establish sustainability KPIs, publish their first Corporate Responsibility Report, and establish ISO 14001 across 32 divisions.
* Developing a greenhouse gas (GHG) management system for Northern Powergrid leading to CEMARS certification.
* Provision of an Internal Audit Service (IAS) to organisations including Northern Rail; not only keeping their programme compliant, but also identifying many opportunities to save energy.
* Embedding environmental and H&S issues into the Power Distribution Engineering MSc course at Newcastle University, and delivering this module annually.
* Leading the North East Steering Group of IEMA for 8 years, managing the regional team, and organising and speaking at CPD events
Marek is a Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv), Fellow of the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (FIEMA), a registered Environmental Auditor, and lectures on two MSc courses at Newcastle University.
You must be logged in to post a comment.